The £50 bike repair voucher can be claimed online on a first come first served basis. Repairers register here if you have enough public liability insurance only. Unfortunately at the time of writing the website to claim the £50 voucher is off-line due to extreme demand. Try during the day if you can claim your voucher here.
- Full bike MOT by qualified mechanic
- Bike marking
Saturday, 25. July 2020, 10:00 – 13:00
Victoria Park, Terrace Gate entrance, London E3 5AT.
Enquiries to email@example.com Tel: 020 8980 7998
There will also be an all-ability cycling club at the park between 9:30 – 11:30 on the day. Details here.
Old Ford Road residents meeting
Please come along to St James the Less Church Hall on 25th June
from 7-9pm to hear from the Mayor and Council officials about
local traffic and environmental issues affecting Old Ford Road…
Attending from London Borough of Tower Hamlets:
- Mayor John Biggs
- Cllr Sirajul Islam, Statutory Deputy Mayor & Cabinet Member for Housing
- Cllr David Edgar, Cabinet Member for the Environment
- Cllr Ahbab Hossain, Ward member for Bethnal Green
- Cllr Dan Tomlinson, Ward Member for Bromley North
- Margaret Cooper, Head of Engineering for Public Realm
- Dan Jones, Divisional Director for Public Realm
- Improving the quality of life in Tower Hamlets/Bethnal Green – the bigger picture
- Update on the “Neighbourhood Refresh” (walkabout September 2018)
- Air Quality – implementation of the Tower Hamlets Air Quality Action Plan
- Resident engagement consultation
- Old Ford Road – general update/overview
- Update on the LBTH road improvement scheme
- Transport for London proposals for the Hackney to Isle of Dogs Cycling and Walking improvements – potential knock-on effect on Old Ford Road
- Old Ford Road – specific issues/proposals
- Incidents of accidents since the scheme’s introduction
- 20 mph speed enforcement
- Buses – speeding, safety
- Cycling – provision for safe cycling on Old Ford Road
- Trees and greening of the road
- OFR FLyer 250619 final
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (No.134)
Please click OFR FLyer 250619 finalto see the flyer.
Yesterday’s residents meeting was very well attended and I would like to thank all those who contributed to the discussion. Councillor Sirajul Islam also came and enriched the meeting, which was very well led by our chair Cathrine Powell.
People are invited to participate in groups around
- cycle storage
There is a particular green conscience with residents suggesting a green belt with fruit trees and shrubs. Any bare spots on the estate can be planted up, please get in touch.
There are still problems remaining from the botched Mayor Works program, please contact our Residents Association with your comments about this.
Recycling rates should be increased and more efforts need to be made to put the correct items into the recycling bins.
Support was pledged to keep Raine’s Foundation school open.
Please also see our ASB page for advice on how to report problems.
Transport for London has today opened a new consultation to find out views on new cycling and walking routes between Victoria Park and the Isle of Dogs. Since this affects our residents I publish so you are aware and can take part. Please follow this link.
This might include more roadworks in the area.