After writing to councillors, MP and THH, to alert them to design features of the new doors, THH have now confirmed that they will speak with AD about options. Our local Member of Parliament Rushanara Ali has also confirmed she is supporting this issue.
The local community won’t stop fighting for our local Church of England Secondary school located in Approach Road, just around the corner from our estate.
We have a few pupils from local families attending and we would all be very sad to see the school close.
The Mayor has decided on the closure on 29. January 2019 but two members of the Childrens and Education Sub-committee Scrutiny Panel, Dr. Phillip Rice and Councillor Ahmed Hussain, have called in the decision.
Any member of the public can attend this meeting at the Town Hall.
As your parent representative on the Steering Group, you may contact me with your concerns about the planned closure via the contact page.
Parents are concerned that the planned amalgamation is not going ahead as thought because the Lower School building is as yet not available for Oaklands pupils to use. Parents need to make their preferences available by 28. February.
I would be very happy if the planned closure was cancelled.
I have never experienced such a breakdown in local services.
- Our local secondary school, Raine’s Foundation is under threat of closure
- 2. Our local GP, The Mission Practise is refusing* to give patients appointments.
- The London Chest Hospital was closed some time ago.
Taking this as a sign of a reduction in local services, residents should be concerned and make enquiries to their local Member of Parliament, their Councillor and perhaps the Mayor of Tower Hamlets as to why our local services are not delivering the care our community needs.
*Online appointments are normally not available and when ringing, one can not get an advance appointment all times.
I am writing to ask residents wether they have problems getting GP appointments or other local health services.
Health services are very important for our community and when I was told by my GP, with whom I am registered since a very long time, that they do nto have any appointments at all, I found that very concerning.
Situations like that call for formal complaints. If any other residents have problems of that sort, please complain and raise the issue with a local councillor.
Old Ford Road residents meeting
Please come along to St James the Less Church Hall on 25th June
from 7-9pm to hear from the Mayor and Council officials about
local traffic and environmental issues affecting Old Ford Road…
Attending from London Borough of Tower Hamlets:
- Mayor John Biggs
- Cllr Sirajul Islam, Statutory Deputy Mayor & Cabinet Member for Housing
- Cllr David Edgar, Cabinet Member for the Environment
- Cllr Ahbab Hossain, Ward member for Bethnal Green
- Cllr Dan Tomlinson, Ward Member for Bromley North
- Margaret Cooper, Head of Engineering for Public Realm
- Dan Jones, Divisional Director for Public Realm
- Improving the quality of life in Tower Hamlets/Bethnal Green – the bigger picture
- Update on the “Neighbourhood Refresh” (walkabout September 2018)
- Air Quality – implementation of the Tower Hamlets Air Quality Action Plan
- Resident engagement consultation
- Old Ford Road – general update/overview
- Update on the LBTH road improvement scheme
- Transport for London proposals for the Hackney to Isle of Dogs Cycling and Walking improvements – potential knock-on effect on Old Ford Road
- Old Ford Road – specific issues/proposals
- Incidents of accidents since the scheme’s introduction
- 20 mph speed enforcement
- Buses – speeding, safety
- Cycling – provision for safe cycling on Old Ford Road
- Trees and greening of the road
- OFR FLyer 250619 final
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (No.134)
Please click OFR FLyer 250619 finalto see the flyer.