New contact arrangements for ASB

Please note that with effect from 1st May 2014 the number 0800 917 5918  will be withdrawn .  People wishing to report ASB should now use the Police 101 number as they are the lead agency for ASB.     The Police may refer certain items to the council or RSL for further action but in the first instance the problem should be looked into and dealt with by the Police.
Examples of things that can be reported to 101 are:
  • nuisance, rowdy or inconsiderate neighbours
  • vandalism, graffiti and fly-posting
  • the buying or selling of drugs in public
  • street drinking
  • prostitution related activity
  • environmental damage including littering, dumping of rubbish and abandonment of cars
  • begging and vagrancy
  • fireworks misuse
  • inconsiderate or inappropriate use of vehicles.

101 can also be used to report a crime that has already happened or to seek crime prevention advice.

Always call 999 when a crime is happening, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, someone is injured, being threatened or in danger.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s