Resident research – be careful

I ask you not to participate in any type of research request from unaccounted persons stating they are students.

I have recently received several requests in short sequence of each other, asking me to forward student research requests to residents and I would now like to recommend that you do not answer questions from individuals posing as students.

Those persons do not leave any proper type of identification but merely leave e-mail addresses and state some University names. They want to know about your feelings on security.

I highly recommend that you report all your fears about your safety to either the Crime Prevention Officer of the Metropolitan Police on 020 7275 4757, the Safer Neighbourhood Team Officers on 020 8721 2851, ring 999 in case of urgent crime, 101 to report a crime that happened in the past, Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111 if you want to report crime anonymously or contact me on 020 8980 9495 if you want to help with Neighbourhood Watch. Please also notify police or us if persons approached you directly with questionnaires about your security and how you feel about the police.

Frequently the Met Police and the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime also run consultations, which are worth participating in.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s