To up-date there are going to be consultation meetings at the following locations and dates:
1. PARENTS CONSULTATION MEETING 19TH JUNE – OAKLANDS SCHOOL – 6PM
2. OVERVIEW & SCRUTINY MEETING – 25TH JUNE – 6pm TOWER HAMLETS COUNCIL, MULBERRY PLACE, TOWN HALL, 5 CLOVE CRESCENT, LONDON E14 2BG
3. PARENTS CONSULTATION MEETING – 26TH JUNE – 6pm RAINES
Please also note that the Raine’s Foundation Trust does not support the closure of the school and has never agreed to it. The Council had been asked in writing to remove the false references to the Raine’s Foundation Trust supporting the closure from the Consultation document.
Show your support to
- save our local Secondary School Raine’s Foundation from closure and
- support the students
- support the teachers and staff of the school.
Venue: Raine’s Foundation Upper School, Approach Road, London E2
Time: 3-5pm Date: Friday, 14. June 2019
Also it is impressed upon parents and supporters to complain directly to Ofsted and the Secretary of State for Education.
1. Please send your email of complaint to email@example.com and mark it for the attention of Daniel Burton HM Inspector to say you are very unhappy and shocked that after his own positive inspection of Raines in 2018 you are now shocked to learn that 4 months later Tower Hamlets are closing the school or words to that affect without a parents evening or public consultation etc
2. Please send your email of complaint to Secretary of State for Education Damian Hinds regarding Tower Hamlets decision to close Raines email address is firstname.lastname@example.org ( our local councillors with the exception of Andrew and Rabina, don’t seem to want to know.)
3. also to complain to Ofsted send email to email@example.com and mark it for the attention of Daniel Burton HM Inspector.
I have seen and heard many complaints on Facebook and personally that Oaklands pupils are very unwelcoming and swear at Raine’s visitors to keep them away. It is hard to understand that Ofsted still thinks that Oaklands is an excellent school without inspecting them further.
Also a recent article points out that Oaklands pupils bought and drank alcohol before school.
Further reference from East London Lines.